5 Important Things to Tell Us When Considering Sedation Dentistry
Created on February 15, 2014
We understand that not all people are keen on visiting their dentist. This should not be a surprise as dental anxiety is actually quite common in the population. But worry not! Here at our Massachusetts dental practice, Dr. David Peck offers sedation options for patients who are anxious of dental procedures. After all, we aim to help you achieve optimum oral health minus the cold sweat, racing heartbeat, and butterflies in the stomach.
If you’re considering sedation on your next dental procedure, we encourage you to share your complete health history and current lifestyle. By and large, we want to learn more about the following:
1. Previous medical conditions in which you were treated and/or hospitalized, including the medications/drugs you’ve taken
2. Past and/or present food/drug allergies and sensitivities
3. Over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements, and other alternative remedies you’re currently taking
4. Dietary preferences or food groups that you frequently consume. An excellent example is the link between consumption of grapefruit and how its enzymes could actually interfere with the metabolism of certain oral sedatives, thus we do not recommend consumption of grapefruit juice 72 hours before your dental procedure
5. Alcohol and smoking habits
Sedation Dentistry in Massachusetts
If you have dental anxiety, you are not alone! We encourage you to talk to us about your concerns and we’ll help you explore your sedation options here at our Massachusetts dental practice. Call us at (413) 241-3264 or fill out this contact form to schedule an appointment. Dr. David Peck is known for results!