Are You Considering Dentures? Would You Like To Learn More?
Created on February 15, 2016
Your personal and professional connections are important considerations regardless of your age. Your smile can contribute to those connections and can be a tremendous self-confidence booster – or a self-confidence defeater.
If you have decayed or missing teeth replacing them is vitally important – to improve your appearance and smile and also because without proper dental support, the muscles in your face sag and droop, making you look older than you actually are.
Dentures are a time-tested solution for missing and decayed teeth – they can open the door to a whole new life for you, boost your self-confidence and help you speak and eat more comfortably. And the good news is: denture expertise and procedures are vastly improved from years past.
Dentures may be Full or Partial depending on each patient’s unique needs.
- Full dentures have a flesh-colored acrylic base that fits over your gums. The upper denture covers the the roof of your mouth; the lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to accommodate your tongue.
- Partial dentures rest on a metal framework that attaches to your natural teeth. Sometimes crowns are placed on some of your natural teeth and serve as anchors. Partial dentures are a removable alternative to dental bridges.
- At Taylor Street Dental, we can help you choose the best type of denture for your unique needs – we may even combine implants with your dentures. This is a newer technology that uses implants to anchor your dentures for a tight, secure fit.
- Your dentures will be custom-made by highly skilled technicians, using the finest materials available, guided by impressions taken of your mouth.
- Your new dentures may feel a little awkward for the first few weeks. Eating and speaking may take some practice, while the muscles of your cheeks and tongue learn to hold your dentures in place.
- Although they take a bit of getting used to, today’s dentures are amazingly natural looking and more comfortable than ever.
Don’t wait…call and schedule a consultation appointment, today. This may be the year to reclaim your smile: (413) 241-3264 https://www.mygreatsmile.com/dentures.