Ten Things You May Not Know About Porcelain Veneers
Created on February 28, 2016
Popular and trending, cosmetic dentistry is the perfect solution for patients who want to “make-over” their smile. It feels amazing to smile big and bright and greet the world with confidence. But your smile may not be confidence-building, and if that’s true, you may want to consider a cosmetic dental procedure. There are many cosmetic dental options available depending on your time commitment and budget. For example, simple teeth whitening can make a dramatic difference in your smile. But if you are in need of greater improvement, porcelain veneers may be just the ticket.
If are curious about porcelain veneers and may be considering them, continue reading to learn ten things about this smile-changing procedure.
1. Porcelain veneers are an excellent option for fractured teeth, gaps between teeth, bite-related problems and when your original teeth have poor shape, color or contours.
2. If you have superficial or deep stains, they may not respond well to whitening or bleaching procedures, making a porcelain veneer a better option.
3. Porcelain veneers are fingernail-thin pieces of porcelain that are used to re-create the natural look of your teeth.
4. Porcelain veneers provide strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel.
5. Porcelain is the veneer material of choice if you need to make slight position adjustments or changes in tooth shape, size and/or color.
6. A small amount of your natural tooth enamel must be removed before the veneer is applied. This creates space for the veneer to fit properly inside your mouth, restore your natural tooth function and create an even better appearance than your original tooth.
7. Porcelain veneers are individually sculpted for you, making it almost impossible to tell the difference between your natural tooth and the veneer.
8. Gum tissue tolerates porcelain very well.
9. If cared for, porcelain veneers can last up to 15 years.
10. As with your natural teeth, daily brushing, flossing, and rinsing is required – and visiting your dentist twice a year a must.
Our Springfield patients love the impressive results Dr. Peck creates for them with porcelain veneers. Call for a consultation appointment, today: (413) 241-3264.