What are the benefits of permanent dentures for tooth replacement?
Created on April 15, 2020
Today, there are a wide range of options available to patients who are dealing with the replacement of missing teeth. Springfield, MA area dentists, including Drs. Peck, Velastegui, and Homsi of Taylor Street Dental are pleased to offer solutions that work based on a patient’s individual needs. A common consideration for patients who are replacing an entire arch of teeth is that of permanent dentures, sometimes referred to as “implant-retained dentures.”
What are permanent dentures?
Permanent dentures are a special fixed prosthetic that looks natural, functions at its best, and allows patients to rehabilitation after tooth loss or extraction. These dentures fit in place with several dental implants placed in the bone of the jaw along the arch. The dentures are fabricated from high-quality materials to look and feel natural. With permanent dentures, patients do not need to use dental adhesives or rely on natural suction to hold their restorations in place. These dentures are highly desirable for patients who want a reliable option for long-term use.
What are the benefits of permanent dentures?
Our dentists find that many patients choose permanent dentures because of their many advantages. Permanent dentures:
- Are utilized with smaller dental implants for faster healing times
- Give patients the chance to speak and eat with confidence
- Have better bite distribution and chewing functions
- Are long-lasting
- Are simple to keep clean and maintain
- Maintain natural bone to avoid bone resorption (bone loss)
- Are customized for a patient for beauty and functionality
- Become a long-term fixture in the smile that requires minimal care
- Look completely natural, building patient confidence
- Are stronger and more stable than conventional full dentures
- Can be a wonderful investment in the patient’s smile and self-confidence!
Request an appointment with Taylor Street Dental
Are you considering permanent dentures? Are you worried that they might not be right for you? The best way to determine candidacy is to book a consultation visit with Drs. Peck, Velastegui, and Homsi to decide what tooth replacement options is most appropriate for your unique situation. Our front office team can be reached to book a visit by calling (413) 781-7645.