The pros and cons of porcelain veneers
Created on August 15, 2022
Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular aesthetic dental procedures. And it’s no wonder why – they can completely transform your smile, making your teeth look straighter, whiter, and more uniform. But as with any cosmetic dental procedure, there are both pros and cons to consider before making a decision.
Here are some of the main pros and cons of porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain veneers can give you an instant smile makeover.
- They are very durable and can last for many years with proper care.
- Porcelain veneers resist staining better than natural tooth enamel, so your whitened smile will stay looking great for longer.
- Veneers correct a wide variety of cosmetic dental concerns, including gaps, chips, and misshapen teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are a significant investment and are not covered by most dental insurance plans.
- The procedure is irreversible, so it is essential to be sure you’re ready to commit before you undergo treatment.
- Porcelain veneers require special care to maintain, and you will need to avoid foods and habits that can stain or damage them.
- Porcelain veneers cannot be whitened with over-the-counter or professional whitening treatments. Be sure you have your smile whitened to a long-lasting color before having veneers made to match.
If you’re considering porcelain veneers, be sure to talk to your dentist at Taylor Street Dental about the pros and cons to help you make the best decision for your smile. Our dentists can work directly with you to evaluate you and determine if you are a good fit for the fabrication and placement of these popular restorations. Not everyone is a proper candidate, so a consultation visit is the first step in finding out more!
Learn more about porcelain veneers
Springfield, MA dentists, Drs. Peck, Homsi, Tyra, and Seo, work with patients in the community to help them achieve their dream smiles! If you have been considering restorations such as porcelain veneers to enhance your teeth, connect with the team at Taylor Street Dental today by calling 413-781-7645 to schedule a consultation visit.