The many benefits of dental implants
Created on November 30, 2022
Dental implants continue to be a popular restoration choice for many of our patients who visit us at Taylor Street Dental in Springfield, Massachusetts. Drs. Peck, Homsi, Tyra, and Seo educate patients on these restorations and the many advantages they provide. Most find that they qualify to have these restorations placed and are excited to enjoy a long-lasting alternative to dentures and bridges.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants have a variety of advantages for patients to consider when thinking about their tooth replacement options.
Below are just a few of the many benefits that our team may mention during one’s consultation visit and initial examination:
- Dental implants will likely last for several years with proper care. Longevity is one of the main reasons why patients choose dental implants. When patients take care of their smiles, they will enjoy their implants for a lifetime!
- Dental implants have an excellent success rate. Because our team will evaluate you to ensure you are a good candidate for dental implants, the success rate of these restorations is extremely high.
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. Dental implants are placed into the bone of your jaw, which stimulates bone growth through a process known as osseointegration. This provides a strong and sturdy foundation for the implant to allow it to function better than dentures or bridges.
- Dental implants restore eating and speaking abilities. Depending on the area where the natural tooth was lost, patients may experience changes in their abilities to speak or chew properly. Dental implants restore this ability to save patients the embarrassment and challenges that come with tooth loss.
- Dental implants maintain better jawbone health. Jawbone health is improved with dental implants due to the bone growth that occurs with their placement. This prevents shrinking of the jawbone, which can cause adjoining teeth to shift or become loose.
How do I find out if I’m a good fit for dental implants?
At Taylor Street Dental, we are committed to offering Springfield, MA area patients solutions to improve and maintain their oral health and wellness. Drs. Peck, Homsi, Tyra, and Seo are here to assist both new and current patients in the facility. Call 413-781-7645 to request a consultation appointment with our team at Taylor Street Dental to find out if dental implants are right for your smile!