We Have A New Technology For Dental Crowns, It’s Called The CEREC® System
Created on March 15, 2016
If you hate to smile, even for the annual family reunion photo-shoot, a restorative dental crown may be just the ticket. Dental crowns have come a long way. Taylor Street Dental offers traditional crown technology, but we are pleased to also offer the advanced CEREC® system – attractive porcelain restorations that are custom-designed and bonded during a single visit.
- Crowns are strong and completely natural-looking. A damaged tooth or a tooth that is off-color, oddly shaped or out of alignment can be entirely “capped” and strengthened using a crown. Crowns are also used to attach bridges, protect a severely decayed or weak tooth from breaking or restore a tooth that is already broken. Additionally, a crown can sit atop a dental implant, providing natural shape and structure.
- A crown can also improve the alignment of your teeth and your “”
- Unlike dentures, which are removable, crowns are cemented onto your existing teeth and can only be removed by your dentist.
- The CEREC® precision 3-D technology allows us to create a unique, custom crown that fits your tooth perfectly and is completely bio-compatible with your mouth and other teeth. It offers many advantages over other types of restorations.
- The CEREC® system eliminates the need for a temporary crown. This is great news, because some teeth become sensitive while wearing a temporary crown and may require a root canal to alleviate the sensitivity.
- With the CEREC® system, we can conserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible and create attractive results while offering our you a more pleasant and convenient experience.
- Although crowns can last a lifetime, the most important thing you can do to ensure that they do is to practice good oral hygiene. A crowned tooth does not require special care, but the underlying tooth can still decay and the surrounding gum tissue is still susceptible to gum disease. Keep your gums and teeth healthy by brushing and flossing daily – especially around the crown. Using an anti-bacterial mouth rinse can also help.
- Remember to visit us regularly for checkups and professional cleanings!
Call our office to book a consultation appointment, today, and let us tell you more about the CEREC® system crown technology: (413) 241-3264.